Article 1: Preamble
The purpose of this confidentiality policy is to expose users of the site to:
- The way in which their personal data is collected and processed. All data capable of identifying a user must be considered personal data. These include the first and last name, age, postal address, email address, location of the user or even their IP address;
- What are the rights of users regarding this data;
- Who is responsible for the processing of personal data collected and processed;
- To whom their data is transmitted;
- Possibly, the site policy regarding “cookie” files.
This confidentiality policy supplements the legal notices and the General Conditions of Use which users can consult at the address below:
Mentions légales et CGU
Article 2: General principles regarding data collection and processing
In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of data from users of the site respects the following principles:
- Lawfulness, loyalty and transparency; data can only be collected and processed with the consent of the user who owns the data. Each time personal data is collected, the user will be informed that their data is being collected, and for what reasons their data is being collected;
- Limited purposes: the collection and processing of data is carried out to meet one or more objectives determined in these general conditions of use;
- Minimization of data collection and processing: only the data necessary for the proper execution of the objectives pursued by the site are collected;
- Retention of reduced data over time; the data is kept for a limited period of which the user is informed. When this information cannot be communicated, the user is informed of the criteria used to determine the retention period;
- Integrity and confidentiality of the data collected and processed: the data controller undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data collected.
In order to be lawful, and in accordance with the requirements of Article 6 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of personal data can only take place if they comply with at least one of the conditions below. -after listed:
- The user has expressly consented to the processing;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a contract;
- The processing meets a legal obligation;
- The processing is justified by a necessity linked to the protection of the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- The processing may be due to a necessity linked to the execution of a mission of public interest or which falls within the exercise of public authority;
- The processing and collection of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate and private interests pursued by the controller or by a third party.
Article 3: Personal data collected and processed when browsing the site
A. Data collected and processed and method of collection
The personal data collected on the yachtcontrller.fr site are as follows:
Name, first name, email address, telephone number, type of boat, mooring location.
This data is collected when the user performs one of the following operations on the site:
Using the contact form
The data controller will keep all the data collected in its site computer systems under reasonable security conditions for a period of 12 months.
The collection and processing of data serves the following purposes:
Response to inquiries sent via contact form.
The data processing carried out is based on the following legal bases:
B. Transmission of data to a third party
The personal data collected by the site are not transmitted to any third party, and are only processed by the site editor.
C. Data hosting
The yachtcontroller.fr site is hosted by: TERRANCLE SARL, whose head office is located at the following address:
17 rue de la Carrière
The host can be contacted at the following telephone number: 09 72 11 30 35
The data collected and processed by the site are exclusively hosted and processed in France.
Article 4: Data controller
A. The data controller
The person responsible for processing personal data is François Prieto. He can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means used to process personal data.
B. Obligations of the data controller
The data controller undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to transmit them to third parties without the user having been informed and to respect the purposes for which these data were collected.
The site has an SSL certificate to guarantee that the information and data transfer passing through the site are secure.
An SSL certificate (Secure Socket Layer Certificate) aims to secure the data exchanged between the user and the site.
In addition, the data controller undertakes to notify the user in the event of rectification or deletion of the data, unless this entails disproportionate formalities, costs and procedures for the user.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of the user’s personal data is compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform the user by any means.
Article 5: User Rights
In accordance with the regulations concerning the processing of personal data, the user has the rights listed below.
In order for the data controller to grant his request, the user is required to communicate to him: his first and last name as well as his email address.
The data controller is obliged to respond to the user within a maximum of 30 days.
A. Presentation of user rights regarding data collection and processing
1. Right of access, rectification and right to erasure
The user can read, update, modify or request the deletion of data concerning him, by respecting the procedure set out below:
Email to: email@example.com
2. Right to data portability
The user has the right to request the portability of his personal data, held by the site, to another site, by complying with the procedure below:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Right to restriction and opposition to data processing
The user has the right to request the limitation or to oppose the processing of his data by the site, without the site being able to refuse, unless he demonstrates the existence of legitimate and compelling reasons, which can prevail over the interests and the rights and freedoms of the user.
In order to request the limitation of the processing of their data or to formulate an opposition to the processing of their data, the user must follow the following procedure:
Email to email@example.com
4. Right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on an automated process
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679, the user has the right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on an automated process if the decision produces legal effects concerning him, or significantly affects him in a way similar way.
5. Right to determine the fate of data after death
The user is reminded that he can organize what should happen to his data collected and processed if he dies, in accordance with law no. 2016-1321 of October 7, 2016.
6. Right to refer the matter to the competent supervisory authority
In the event that the data controller decides not to respond to the user’s request, and the user wishes to contest this decision, or, if he believes that one of the rights listed above, he is entitled to refer the matter to the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, https://www.cnil.fr) or any competent judge.
B. PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS
In accordance with the provisions of Article 8 of European Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act, only minors aged 15 or over can consent to the processing of their personal data.
If the user is a minor under 15 years of age, the consent of a legal representative will be required so that personal data can be collected and processed.
The site editor reserves the right to verify by any means that the user is over 15 years old, or that he or she has obtained the consent of a legal representative before browsing the site.
ARTICLE 6: USE OF “COOKIES” FILES
The site may use “cookie” techniques.
A “cookie” is a small file (less than 4 KB), stored by the site on the user’s hard drive, containing information relating to the user’s browsing habits.
These files allow it to process statistics and traffic information, facilitate navigation and improve the service for user comfort.
For the use of “cookies” files involving the saving and analysis of personal data, the user’s consent is necessarily requested.
This user consent is considered valid for a maximum period of 6 (six) months. At the end of this period, the site will again request the user’s authorization to save “cookies” files on their hard drive.
a. User opposition to the use of “cookies” files by the site
Cookies that are not essential to the operation of the site are only placed on the user’s terminal after obtaining their consent. The user can withdraw their consent at any time, as follows:
More generally, the user is informed that he can oppose the recording of these “cookies” files by configuring his browser software.
For information, the user can find at the following addresses the steps to follow in order to configure their browser software to oppose the recording of “cookies” files.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/fr-ww/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
If the user decides to deactivate “cookies” files, they will be able to continue browsing the site. However, any malfunction of the site caused by this manipulation cannot be considered to be the fault of the site publisher.
b. Description of the “cookies” files used by the site
The site editor draws the user’s attention to the fact that the following cookies are used during navigation:
Politique de confidentialité
The site editor reserves the right to modify it in order to guarantee its compliance with current law.
Consequently, the user is invited to regularly consult this confidentiality policy in order to stay informed of the latest changes that will be made to it.